What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization simply refers to the method of using strategies to increase the number of customers accessing your website by getting high-rank level placement when search results are formed using search engines. Most internet users click to the highest ranked sites in the search result pages hence more traffic is directed to the site. The organic results naturally rank websites higher, the highest ranked site is prone to more visitors. SEO ensures the accessibility of a site in a search engine and helps in improving the probability of the website to be found by a search engine. Optimizing search involves the optimization of metadata and snippet text for appealing content in regards to the query searched so as to get quality content from the results.
Digital marketing using SEO
SEO is an evolving, kicking and living field since new opportunities crop out on a daily basis. SEO is a job opportunity for many businesses, web design experts and digital marketing experts are earning from SEO strategy management. Online marketing is growing just as your business is growing hence SEO come in handy in helping you to grow your business. Tracking and monitoring your business give you an upper hand among your competitors.
There are two methods used in SEO strategy:
On page optimization; it involves directing traffic to your site whereas off page optimization involves building links and promoting sites.
Download the Periodic Table of SEO Success Factors by Search Engine Land
Search Engine Optimization is vital in digital marketing. There are many factors that make SEO to be important in digital marketing, such as:
- Internet users refer to sites that have higher ranks in the search engines, it promotes a brand or a site mostly involving sharing to social media platforms,
- SEO will help you to increase customers to your site hence keep you in competition with your fellow competitors.
Ranking factors in search engines
A ranking factor is vital for success when engaging in digital marketing. It is an easy task to direct traffic to your site. In digital marketing, there are many factors that may increase the probability of your increase in ranks or visibility. The SEO technique will help you navigate through to your success.
When using SEO strategy there are factors you need to consider for it be valuable in your business, they include; target market audience: the traffic directed to your site should attract valuable customers who will be interested in your products. Analytics provided by various search engines should help you navigate through this, most internet users use mobile devices therefore optimization of mobile browsers will serve you well in your ranking efforts.
There are emerging search engines hence optimizing your ranking on the search engines by improving the social media platforms engagements and also the addition of meta tags will boost your ranks, audience search habits are critical: knowing what is mostly searched by your audience is important in focusing on what is valuable to your site in terms of profits and revenues.
Another factor is creating quality content: a site needs to be user friendly in terms of finding information by focusing on keywords and unique content this will make search engines to easily index your site and give you a higher rank, linking building is vital: when sites link to your website it shows that your website has a quality valuable content.
Buying links are prohibited if detected you can be banned by both Google and Yandex. You can get links through; getting the relationship with sites which let you ask for a link back when creating a site make one that is naturally linked to. You should take time to build a site that attracts many links.
Is there any difference between Google and Yandex?
- Backlinks in Yandex were removed from one the ranking factors, they depend on their quality; whereas Google can find your backlinks.
- Yandex index power is much slower than Google at crawling of content whereas in Google content is crawled constantly and indexed.
- Yandex content takes time to materialize compared to Google which also has more than 40 billion pages whereas Yandex has 2 billion pages.
- In all the search engines the quality of the content is considered in as a ranking factor. Yandex gives punishment to pages with thin or low-quality content it as well does not index them.
- Google’s algorithm, its backlink strength, is a ranking factor in Google. Quality of content is more valued in Yandex than google. In Yandex use of text tools in Yandex.webmaster is recommended in order to get a higher ranking.
- Use of meta tags is common in both Google and Yandex. Yandex considers these meta tags such as title tags;
- Yandex wants longer titles up to almost 70 characters than google.
- URL structure for both Google and Yandex are almost similar.
- Domain age in Yandex is very vital, sites that are less by one year are not ranked too high.
- Another difference between Google and Yandex is that Yandex is geo-dependent. The user always sees different results after search since they are from different regions. In Google, targeting in terms of geographical areas is vital as well through your search results are hardly region-specific.
- Yandex uses metrics of engagement to rank though it values better engagement than google though it takes into account.
- Usability (UX) and web design are among user experiences used by Yandex in ranking. It demands provision of a quality search of experience to customers of the site.
- Google SEO methodology prioritizes different usability factors like mobile optimization, site speed, and web structure.
- Yandex is tough on rules but not smarter than Google. Yandex punishes mistakes most often especially about on page factors.
- Lastly, Yandex prefers the Russian language whereas googles prefer English in indexing sites and also crawling.
Tools to help optimize content on your website.
Effectively optimizing your sites involves many tools which help you to get started in digital marketing.
- Advancing marketing tool is used to measure and evaluate the marketing emotional values. Keyword analysis tool is used to measure the ratio of keywords on the optimization.
- Bonus tool helps in optimizing content, headlines in marketing.
- Scoop – is a major curation platform for content. This tool has a billing version and a free one. This depends on the level of your seriousness along with the features you need.
- Word2clean is a major tool essential in converting text files into HTML, which will lead to optimization. For SEO’s companies that need to are targeting Russian audience, they should engage on a search engine that is more popular in Russia which is Yandex. Most searches in Russia are in the Russian language hence the need to incorporate all your content in the Russian language.
For SEO’s companies that need to are targeting Russian audience, they should engage on a search engine that is more popular in Russia. According to liveinternet.ru majority of search engine-related traffic in Russia is generated from Yandex.
Most searches in Russia are in the Russian language hence the need to incorporate all your content in the Russian language.
Grybniak, S. (2018). How to Optimise Your Site for Yandex part 1 -.Majestic Blog.
Search Engine Journal. (2018). 9 Biggest Differences Between Yandex vs Google SEO | SEJ.
Snesareva, K. (2018). What are the Biggest Differences between Google and Yandex SEO?.
Web Behaviour Specialists. (2018). Yandex vs. Google SEO – Web Behaviour Specialists.